Saturday, February 2, 2013

20 Miler #1

Slogged through 20 miles today.  Did the first 13 with the a friend and former student.  We ran with the South Brooklyn Runners, and that kept the pace honest on a cold and clear day.  First we did a loop of Prospect Park, circled back to the start, picked up more runners and then ran through Brooklyn Bridge Park, DUMBO, Fort Greene and back to Carroll Gardens.  From there on, I was on my own.  I did a short loop of Prospect Park, and ran home.   The last bit was nothing to write home about, but got it done.  Tomorrow I'm signed up to run a 4 mile race in Central Park.  That will be interesting. . . .

3 comments:

  1. Ran the Gridiron Classic 4 Miler. It was fun. I never run short races, and it felt odd to be hitting the home stretch so soon. Did it in 30 minutes and change. I lost a little bit of time to a flapping shoe lace in the last half mile, but luckily didn't trip. I'm still a good deal slower than a few months ago, but getting my confidence back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long on Saturday, fast on Sunday. Wow. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Risky plan, but seems to have worked. Felt good on this morning's run after a day's rest. I seem to have broken through a few kinks in the glutes . . .

    ReplyDelete